Meccano - Micronoid - Red Socket
Meccano - Micronoid - Red Socket
Now you can have your own robot friend with the Meccano Micronoid Socket. This robot kit comes with 123 pieces for building a small robot toy. Once you've got the battery-powered robot built, turn it on and start playing - with push button programming Micronoid can walk, turn, and smash through obstacles. There are three play modes, and you can program the robot to do different actions. In 8-Ball mode, ask the Micronoid a yes or no question, and the robot will respond with an answer, you might hear "Oh yeah!" or "No, no, no." In Dance mode, you can play music near the Micronoid to make the robot dance. If you leave the robot in this mode for too long, it will start dancing and playing its own music. And then in Autonomous mode, Socket has a mind of its own. The robot basically does whatever it wants, including moving around, whistling, laughing, passing gas, and more. If you've got another Micronoid nearby, (each sold separately), the two may start interacting with each other and dancing to a synchronized routine. You can also build custom walking and turning sequences for the robot by pressing the record button on top of its head and then pushing the arrow buttons in the sequence you want. You can also program the robot by twisting its head left or right. Then press the play button to make the robot perform your programmed sequence. If you speak to the robot while recording, it will record your voice and repeat what you say in its robot voice when the play button is pressed. Building the robot will certainly be fun for kids who are into construction toys and robotics, but they'll also like being able to interact with the robot after it's built. This toy robot has a silly personality that kids will like bringing out through the play, and they can even add to the silly sounds and phrases with the record feature. Micronoids are responsive to music and your voice, making it easy to play with and program. Micronoids make a great gift for kids ages 8 and up, who are into STEM and an alternative to more expensive programmable robots.By Meccano
- BUILD A ROBOT FRIEND - This construction set comes with 123 pieces for building a robot that is responsive through simple push button programming.
- 3 MODES OF PLAY: in 8-Ball mode Micronoid answers yes/no questions, in Dance mode dances if you play music nearby and, in Autonomous mode, the robot basically does whatever it wants, including moving around, whistling, laughing, passing gas, and more.
- STEM TOY: For over a hundred years, Meccano has been promoting children's STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) learning as they build and play .
- For kids ages 8+ who like building and programming robots. Requires 4 AAA batteries (not included).
- Includes 123 Parts, 1 Motorized Micro Module, 2 Hand Tools, 1 Instruction Guide
Buy with confidence as this product comes with 18 months full local warranty in Australia & New Zealand (unless otherwise stated in the overview).
This product also comes with the benefits of the CocoonPower Warranty. For further details please read our Warranty Guidelines.
You can also purchase 3 Year Extended Care. If you are interested please see our Extended Care Information.