Plugable Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station with 60W Charging for MacBook Pro
Plugable Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station with 60W Charging for MacBook Pro Late 2016/2017 & Specific Windows Laptops (Single 4K DisplayPort or HDMI Monitor, Gigabit Ethernet, Audio, 5 USB 3.0 Ports)
Plugable’s TBT3-UDV Thunderbolt 3 Single Display Docking Station offers high-performance expansion of your Thunderbolt 3-enabled Mac or compatible Windows Thunderbolt 3 system while also providing up to 60W of power to charge the host. Connect a single display up to 4K 60Hz (4096×2160@60Hz) via the integrated DisplayPort output, or an HDMI display using the included Active DisplayPort to HDMI adapter. Thunderbolt 3’s massive 40Gbps bandwidth enables you to run your high resolution display connected through the dock at the full native performance of your system’s graphics processor while also enabling access to your wired network and existing USB peripherals.
Supports connection to wired gigabit Ethernet networks using the integrated 1.0 Gbps i210 Intel network adapter and 10Gbps peer-to-peer networking when directly connected to a second Thunderbolt 3-enabled system. Provides a combined analog audio input and output jack for connecting stereo headphones and microphone. Provides five extra USB 3.0 Type-A ports for device connectivity (one in front, four in back). Is positioned vertically to save space, and has a removable stand that also allows the unit to placed horizontally.
Thunderbolt 3 compatibility is complex, and some features like PCI-E bandwidth, support for 2 displays over Thunderbolt 3, and the necessary firmware updates for docking compatibility (BIOS and NVM) are system-specific. Apple and Dell Thunderbolt 3 systems are currently the best-performing, best-supported systems with this docking station.
For details on supported monitor configurations and what components are needed to add a second display, and non-Apple and Dell compatibility, please see additional details below. The dock can provide up to 60W of power to charge the host system, assuming the system supports being charged via its Thunderbolt 3 port. Windows systems require updated NVM firmware, system BIOS, and Thunderbolt/GPU drivers from the system manufacturer (Apple systems provide this automatically). The ability to add a second display depends on design decisions made by your system manufacturer and requires additional hardware, sold separately. Some Thunderbolt 3 systems support a maximum of 20Gbps Thunderbolt 3 bandwidth. The docking station will not function if attached to a non-Thunderbolt 3 capable USB-C port.
- The Plugable TBT3-UDV Thunderbolt 3 Single Display Docking Station provides up to 60W of power to compatible Thunderbolt 3 host systems. Enables an additional display, wired gigabit Intel Ethernet, audio input/output, and USB expansion with 1x Thunderbolt 3 USB-C port (10Gbps), and 5x USB 3.0 ports (5Gbps). Constructed from premium anodized aluminum with a Space Gray finish, the TBT3-UDV includes a removable stand for vertical or horizontal orientation
- Connect a single display up to 4K 60Hz (4096×2160@60Hz) via the integrated DisplayPort output, or an HDMI display using the included Active DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 adapter. Also supports popular lower resolution modes such as 3440x1440, 2560x1600, 2560x1440, 2560x1080, 1920x1080 (1080P)
- The second Thunderbolt 3 port on the dock supports up to 5 daisy chained Thunderbolt 3 devices or a single USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gbps) device. 2016 and 2017 MacBook Pro, Mid 2017 iMac and Dell Thunderbolt 3 systems can support an additional USB-C Alt Mode video adapter (sold separately) to provide a second display
- DisplayPort output requires "Active" adapters for conversion to other connection types; passive dual-mode "level-shifter" adapters are not compatible. Not compatible with Dual-Link DVI monitors. Not compatible with previous Thunderbolt 1 & 2 systems. Please see additional important compatibility details regarding Windows systems below
- We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1 year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support
In the Box
Thunderbolt 3 TBT3-UDV docking station, 0.5 meter (20 inches) Thunderbolt 3 40Gbps cable, DisplayPort to HDMI active adapter, quick installation guide and a 20V/6.75A (135W) power adapter (US AC Wall Outlet Plug, 100-240V 50/60Hz), Universal Adapter for Australia & NZ.
Buy with confidence as this product comes with 18 months full local warranty in Australia & New Zealand (unless otherwise stated in the overview).
This product also comes with the benefits of the CocoonPower Warranty. For further details please read our Warranty Guidelines.
You can also purchase 3 Year Extended Care. If you are interested please see our Extended Care Information.