Plugable USB-C Mini Docking Station with 85W Charging for Thunderbolt 3
Plugable USB-C Mini Docking Station with 85W Charging for Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C MacBooks and Select Windows Systems (HDMI up to 4K@30Hz, Gigabit Ethernet, 4x USB 3.0 Ports, USB Power Delivery)
- SMALLEST & MOST POWERFUL USB-C CHARGING DOCK: The Plugable UD-CAM Mini Docking station is a USB 3.1 Type-C docking station with 85W of Power Delivery. Power up your productivity with a single 4K-capable HDMI display ouput (supports 4K at 30Hz, 2560x1600 and lower at 60Hz), Ethernet, audio input/output, and four additional USB ports while providing up to 85W of power to charge your attached USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 system
- EXPANDABILITY: Significantly expands the functionality of supported Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C systems like the 2017/2016 MacBook/MacBook Pros, Microsoft Surface Book 2, HP Spectre x360 13", and Dell XPS (9350, 9550, 9360, 9560) & Precision 2016 laptops with USB-C/Thunderbolt 3. Not all models of USB 3.1 Type-C systems support these features. Please see our website for additional compatibility details
- USB 3.1 TYPE-C: Leverages USB 3.1 technologies to enable charging and video output; Up to 85W charging provided via USB-IF Power Delivery ("PD") standard, and HDMI output is enabled through "VESA DisplayPort Alternate Mode over Type-C" ("Alt Mode") functionality; Host system must also be compatible with these technologies to for charging and video output to function
- COMPATIBILITY: Requires compatible USB 3.1 Type-C ("USB-C") or Thunderbolt 3 system; not compatible with legacy USB 3.0 and 2.0 systems. Not all USB-C ports and systems support PD or Alt Mode; please see our website for compatibility tables. DisplayPort monitors are not supported; Dual-Link DVI not supported
The UD-CAM features:
- Single HDMI output for mirroring or extending your desktop to an external monitor
- USB-C port with up to 85W of Power Delivery to compatibile host system
- Four USB 3.0 (Type-A) ports, one on the front of dock, and three on the rear
- One Gigabit Ethernet port
- One headphone and microphone "combo" TRRS jack
- Dock measures 3.75"x3.5"x1.25", and includes VESA mount for mounting to VESA compatible desks, stands and displays
Maximum resolution is 3840x2160@30Hz (4K@30Hz) as outlined in the HDMI 1.4 specification. 2560x1600, 2560x1440, 1920x1080 (1080p) and lower resolutions will display at 60Hz.
USB 3.1 Type-C Compatibility Overview
USB-C is a new standard with much versatility. As a result, compatibility information is complex. Some USB-C systems support Alt Mode video output, while others do not. Some can be powered and charged via USB-C Power Delivery, while others do not.
Information on specific system compatibility will be updated online as we test more systems internally, and we welcome compatibility reports from users as well.
Compatible Systems (Alt Mode & Power Delivery)
Some of the best examples of systems which currently support Alt Mode and Power Delivery are the Late 2016 / 2017 MacBook Pro, 12" Retina MacBook with USB-C, Dell XPS 13" 9350/9360, Dell XPS 15" 9550/9560*, Lenovo Yoga 720 13", Microsoft Surface Book 2, and most HP** Thunderbolt 3 systems.
Partially Compatible Systems (Supporting Alt Mode or PD)
Many current USB-C systems which do support Alt Mode video output do not support charging via USB-C. Systems such as this will output video from the dock, but will still need their proprietary OEM chargers. *The Dell XPS 15 9550/9560 and Precision 5510/7510, for example, will display a warning during boot if connected to a 85W power adapter rather than a Dell 130W power adapter. These systems may still charge, but at a slower rate.
**HP systems will display a message upon connection when any non-HP USB-C charger is connected.
While some USB-C phones and tablets may accept charging via PD, most do not support Alt Mode video output.
Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports generally support Alt Mode video output, but support for Power Delivery/charging on these ports is system-specific.
Operating System & Platform Compatibility
Plug and Play installation on supported Thunderbolt 3/USB-C Windows or MacOS hosts.
The UD-CAM relies upon new functionality introduced with USB 3.1 Type-C and as such is not compatible with USB 3.0/2.0 Type-A legacy systems.
Most current phones and tablets with USB-C ports do not support Alternate Mode video output, and some do not support USB Power Delivery. Consult your device documentation or contact device manufacturer to confirm compatibility with these technologies.
- Most Android phones and tablets currently do not support Alt Mode video output
- ASMedia USB 3.1 controllers do not support Alternate Mode video (typically found in desktops and AMD based laptops and some PC motherboards)
Power and Charging
The UD-CAM's power supply can charge host systems with up to 85 watts of power via the USB Power Delivery standard. As mentioned above, some devices which support video output over USB-C will not charge via USB-C. For these systems, the charger from your system manufacturer will be required.
Buy with confidence as this product comes with 18 months full local warranty in Australia & New Zealand (unless otherwise stated in the overview).
This product also comes with the benefits of the CocoonPower Warranty. For further details please read our Warranty Guidelines.
You can also purchase 3 Year Extended Care. If you are interested please see our Extended Care Information.